Woodworking Apprentice –
- Basic knowledge of woodworking and power tools
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- The ability to read drawings is a plus but can be taught
- The ability to work both independently and with others
- Have a good set of basic hand tools (power tools are provided)
- Be able to lift 80lbs
- Work alongside Journeymen to learn and hone skills
- Material layup
- Fabrication of casework
- Learn proper use of power tools and equipment
Journeyman Cabinetmaker –
- 5+ years of experience in building casework, cabinets and furniture
- Experience with all woodworking tools
- Experience with plastic laminate, solid wood and veneer
- Ability to read detailed drawings
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Have a good set of hand tools (power tools are provided)
- Be able to lift 80lbs
- Use industrial equipment to machine parts for fabrication
- Build Fixtures, Reception Desks, Conference Tables and high end Millwork
- Fabricate Countertops - Solid Surface experience is a plus
- Work as a leader on a team to meet quality standards and project deadlines
- Experienced in AutoCAD drafting, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and able to convert into workable shop drawings. Items such as cabinets, reception desks, conference tables & wall paneling to name a few.
- consult with other drafters, project managers and shop personnel.
- design & engineering skills are a plus
Finishers Apprentice -
- Prepping product for finish
- Assisting lead finisher with staining and spraying custom furniture
- Learning how to color mix stains
- Profit sharing
- Annual Review with the opportunity for advancement
- Medical, Dental, Life insurance and 401K offered
- Vacation Time - 5 days the first year
- Annual company events
- We are an ESOP (employee owned) company
Thank you for your interest in artifex/millwork. Please fill out the following form, attach your cover letter and resume, and we will be contacting you shortly.
- Generate quotes/estimates using Architectural drawings
- Work directly with vendors to obtain accurate and current material prices
- Determine lead times based on product availibility
- follow up with RFQ's, CO's and any other changes on quoted work.
- Have basic knowledge of the variety of material types and construction details/methods
- Work directly with project managers to achieve accurate & complete estimates
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Multi-tasking abilities & attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Past experience in commercial millwork is preferred
Project Engineer -
- Skillful in Excel, Word and Outlook and AutoCAD is a plus, not required.
- Knowledge of custom millwork engineering, ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- General knowledge of woodworking, manufacturing, fabrication, construction or designing.
- Knowledge of FSC/LEED projects.
- Engineer and assist Drafters and Project Managers on design and construction details and value engineering.
- Work with general contractors, architects, subcontractors, vendors, internal staff and manufacturing personnel to plan, monitor/manage, communicate and perform responsibilities for multiple projects.
- Communicate with project supervisors, field measure and trouble shoot possible installation issues that may arise throughout the project.
- Generate cutbills for projects and be ready to answer questions as it goes through production.
- Manage, order and track materials for current projects.
Truck Driver -
- Load truck. (blanket wrap & secure load efficiently)
- Unload truck. (dock and lift gate deliveries to customer)
- Delivering product to customer locations at scheduled times.
- Operating the delivery vehicles in a safe and lawful manner.
- Responsible for teh vehicle, its contents & refueling.
- This position requires considerable responsibility to function independently and to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- You must be able to lift 80#.
- Please Note: A clean driving record is required. You will be subject to drug screening, both at initial hire and at random, as federally required.